Joined the department in Autumn 2009
- Ruchika Prakash, Clinical, studies neuroplasticity in healthy aging as well as neurological disorders, specifically multiple sclerosis.
- Marc Tassé, IDD, studies intellectual disability and autism spectrum disorders. He is currently the director of OSU’s Nisonger Center.
- Susan Johnson, Developmental, studies how genes and experience shape the way infants perceive, think about and grow with the social world around them.
Joining the department in Autumn 2010
- Jennifer Crocker joins the department as Professor and Ohio Eminent Scholar in Social Psychology. She studies self-esteem, contingencies of self-worth, and the costs of pursuing self-esteem as a goal. Dr. Crocker joins the department after serving as the Claude Steele Collegiate Professor of psychology at the University of Michigan.
- Ellen Peters joins the department as Associate Professor of Psychology. She studies decision making as an interaction of the decision situation and the individual. Dr. Peters previously served as a Senior Research Scientist at Decision Research, a non-profit research organization in Eugene, Oregon, where she also held a courtesy position in the Psychology Department at the University of Oregon.
- Per Sederberg joins the department as Assistant Professor of psychology. He studies memory formation and retrieval. Dr. Sederberg joins the department after completing a postdoctoral fellowship at Princeton University.
- Duane Wegener joins the department as Professor of psychology. He studies attitude change, decision making, and social cognition. Dr. Wegener joins the department after serving as Professor of Psychology at Purdue University.
Faculty Awards and Honors
- Gary Berntson was named president–elect of the Society for Psychophysiological Research (SPR), 2009-2010.
- Nancy Betz received the 2009 Distinguished Achievement Award from the Society for Vocational Psychology.
- John Bruno received the Psychology Department’s Teaching Excellence Award, 2009.
- Wil Cunningham is one of five recipients of the Sage Early Career Award in Social Psychology for his outstanding contributions to the field. The award is given by the Foundation for Personality and Social Psychology. Dr. Cunningham also received the Department’s Fred Brown Research Award in 2009.
- Richard Jagacinski received the Arts & Sciences Honors Faculty Service Award, 2009.
- Gail McKoon was elected a Fellow of the Society for Text and Discourse, 2009.
- Richard Petty received the Scientific Impact Award from the Society of Experimental Social Psychology and served as President of the Society for Personality and Social Psychology in 2009.
- Roger Ratcliff received a 2009-2010 University Distinguished Scholar Award.
- Vladimir Sloutsky was named a Joan N. Huber Faculty Fellow by OSU’s College of Arts and Sciences.
- Michael Vasey was named a Fellow of the Association for Psychological Science, 2009.